HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF WYETH PHILIPPINES EMPLOYEES DEVELOPMENT COOPERATIVE (WPEDC) 1962-2012
- Like many ventures of great significance, the Cooperative started out from humble beginnings.
April 27, 1962
- With a capital of One Thousand four hundred seven & 50/100 (P1,407.50), fifteen (15) incorporators and fourteen (14) charter members, the Cooperative was registered as A.T. SUACO EMPLOYEES COOPERATIVE CREDIT ASSOCIATION, INC. with the Cooperatives Administration Office.
April 13, 1976
- The cooperative was re-registered with the DLGCD (Certificate of Registration No. FF-325 RR) as A.T. SUACO EMPLOYEES COOPERATIVE CREDIT COOPERATIVE INC.
September 30, 1991
- T. SUACO EMPLOYEES COOPERATIVE CREDIT COOPERATIVE INC. was registered with the Cooperative Development Authority (Conf. No. C-990) of in compliance with ART. 128 of RA 6938 and Section 17 of RA 6939.
September 11, 1992
- Memorandum of Agreement of working committee represented by Wyeth Phils Inc. (WPI) & labor union wherein the cooperative was accredited as regular Wyeth wholesaler to provide WPI employees with normally granted discount on milk products. This program is entitled Employee Purchase Discount (EPD) which took effect June 10, 1997.
February 29, 1998
- Adopted the proposed Amendments by substitution to the Articles of Cooperation and By-Laws and changing the name of the cooperative from A.T. SUACO EMPLOYEES COOPERATIVE CREDIT COOPERATIVE INC to WYETH PHILIPPINES EMPLOYEES DEVELOPMENT COOPERATIVE in its General Assembly.
February 16, 2000
- The name WYETH PHILIPPINES EMPLOYEES DEVELOPMENT COOPERATIVE was approved by the Cooperative Development Authority.
March 19, 2011
- In compliance to RA 9520 of 2008 and Memorandum Circular No. 2010-05, series of 2010, and considering that the term of the Cooperative’s existence was set for only 50 years since 1962, the Board deemed it necessary to proposed amendments by substitution to its Articles of Cooperation and Bylaws. Amendments by substitution was approved by the General Assembly.
June 15, 2011
- The said Amendment to the Articles of Cooperation and By-Laws were filed with the Cooperative Development Authority and is now awaiting approval.
May 18, 2011
- Just like in the previous years, a Certificate of Good Standing (CGS No. MEO-CGS-2011-619) was given to WPEDC by the Cooperative Development Authority (CDA) in Quezon City.
- With THE FIFTY (50) years of service, WPEDC now boasts with 510 active regular and associate members and over P45 Million capitalization.
- A big part of the success of WPEDC is from the spirit of cooperativism and the perseverance, dedication and active participation of its leaders, members, and staff.